Special Anniversary or Birthday? Want to really go out on the town?
Hop in your time machine and head back to the Boyne Valley, Ireland, 5000 years ago. This would have been the best eats around. Yum….
Menu — The Boyne Valley Bistro, Ireland, 3,010 BC
- Wild, cold asparagus gathered at river bank
- Unleavened wheat-berry bread
- Roasted acorns
- Watercress, fresh-picked
Catch of the Day
- Salmon, skewered over open pit
- Black Eel
- Boiled and pulled mutton wrapped with fresh rosemary in moistened straw
- Red deer, fresh-dressed from Wednesday’s group hunt
- Smoked eel (leftover from last Friday, but will last through the winter…)
Our Regular Entrés
- Roasted on a Spit (sometimes flavored with sizzling spit of chef)
- Wild Goat (Our Guarantee—none inhabited by evil!)
- Shellfish caught at the coast yesterday—eat it today or be sorry tomorrow!
- Barley Porridge (For those who have lost their teeth.)
- Mixed Meat Stew (If you enjoyed the menu last week, this dish is for you!)
- Flattened emmer wheat cakes
For the Vegetarians or Completely Toothless
- Mashed roots and asparagus with honey
- Boiled watercress with mutton fat
- Rosehips and wild apples (Cattarh season is coming on! Enjoy this dish before you’re stricken.)
- Wild blueberries, crushed in fermented berry juice.
Top off your meal with piping hot tea of our house blend of blood-strengthening herbs!
Our dear relatives in Scotland would have been enjoying the same fabulous fare on THEIR night on on the town!
We don’t recommend duplicating this menu, but if you do, and live to tell the tale, please let us know how it all came out.
Best! — The Crew at Authentic Ireland